As the title states, this lesson examines the functioning of positive/affirmative and negative sentences.
1. POSITIVE & NEGATIVE Remedial Coaching class for Kerala University BA/BSc students
2. There are four types of sentences. ¢ Declarative OMe eee] Led Oe eee 1 142) « Exclamatory
Declarative Sentence * Sentence that declares, asserts or states something. * Ends with a full stop. * Other names: Declarative, Assertive, Statement. * Follows the order Subject-Verb
3. BP ee el ene) Positive & Negative Peer Mela) Sees Ree en ue ed BT yee tema Oe ecu cues cena) % eee eee as ce SHE IS RUNNING
4. shall/should, will/would, can/could, may/might, must, ought to, used COM LCMV) This is a chair.
5. Positive Sentences . She can write. . Reema had a white car. They will come tomorrow. Majo lifted the heavy box. Shyju met with an accident. You must write the exam. oa b OND B
6. Ly aoe
Negative Sentences Will not Would not Shall not Should not Could not Have not Has not Had not Must not Do not Does not Did not
7. Changing Negative Sentences to Positive Sentences I vIpNT po NOTHIN’! DORY OF ENGLISH MASORS
8. Positive to Negative By adding Negative terms: & 3
He is a talented student. He is not a talented student. | She likes sweets. She does not like sweets. The doctor always comes early. The doctor never comes early. SHE IS RUNNING R They speak French. They do not speak French.
She can work hard. ‘She cannot work hard.
9. Change the negative sentences to affirmative without changing the meaning. Use Opposite word
aq | don't doubtthat he is sick. Beena /s not as smartas Ritu. He is never late. | believe that he is sick. Ritu /s smarterthan Beena. He is always punctual, Everyone is happyabout the new
10. Change the negative sentences to affirmative without changing the meaning. Use Opposite word 1) English is not difficult . a 6] Payal losth 5 Affir:- English is easy . nRevalingverigst her wey) Affir-Payal always remembered her way. 2] Nobody was absent . Affir:-Every body was present . 7] But this is not possible now. Affir:-But this is impossible now. 3] | am not alittle tired. Affir:- 1am much tired . 8] His tender mind did not speculate on his father's delay. aneintcicietanerer Affir- His tender mind failed to speculate on his father's delay. Affir:- Mala failed to answer. 9] I can not attend their needs. 5] 1am not your friend . Aff: | am unable to attend their needs. Affir:1 am your enemy/foe