Students will learn how to gather information from picture sources in this lesson.
1. Lesson Plan on How to Gather Information From Picture Sources
What | See This Makes Me Think
- Medals around necks ~ Race number sticker - Sport attire - Smiling ~ They most likely participated ina race They won or enjoyed the
- Water on the road/pavement/not soil = It is sunny - Not many cars present - Water splashing upwards ~ It rained before, possibly a ~ Water will not evaporate ~The cars must be moving
- Frog eating fly with tongue = It's sitting on a branch - Feet are wrapped around the branch - Eyes are very big; almost the size of the fly! ~ Frogs catch food by sticking ‘out tongue ~ Frogs can climb trees = ~ Frogs must have sticky, sucker-like feet ~ Frogs have larger, expanded
- Polar bear crossing - Polar bear is walking/not - There are glaciers/snow - There is also water ~ White fur
Polar bears can swim; they are choosing to cross this risky ~ Furry paws ~ Polar bears can survive the cold temperature = habitat ~ How polar bears stay warm