This pdf contains a brief introduction to the animals/animal kingdom. Their types like wild, water etc.
1. CLASS : 2 SUBJECT : EVS TOPIC : ANIMALS Important points :- We see many animals around us. Animals includes birds , insects , water animals etc… Some animals live with us Some animal live in the forest. Some animals live in water. Some animals are very useful to us. Some animals are small and asome are big . Types of animals : I . Small and big animals : Small animals : Examples are given below Rat Rabbit Squirrel Cat Dog
2. . Big animals : Elephant Bear Giraff Camel II . Domestic and wild animals :- Domestic animals: Animals kept by human as work animal , food source or pet are called domestic animals.
3. Wild animals : Some animal live in the forest. These called wild animals. Wild animals are very dangerous. III .Farm animals :
4. IV .Water animals : Some animals live in water such animals are called water animals. V . Birds:
5. VI. Insects : Most of the insects have six legs. Spider has eight legs. VII. Herbivores ,Carnivores and Omnivores : Herbovores : Animals which eat only plants are called herbivores . Example : Rabbit , squirrel , deer , horse , donkey ,cow,goat etc… Carnivores : Animals which eat flesh are called carnivores. Example : Lion , tiger , wolf , vulture etc… Omnivores : Animals which eat both plants and animals are called omnivores. Example : Crow , hen , pig , dog , human etc….
6. Animals and their homes : An imals and their young ones : ANIMAL YOUNG ONE Cat Kitten Dog Puppy Lion Cub Tiger Cub Cow Calf Pig Piglet Horse Foal , colt Deer fawn Sheep lamb Hen Chick Duck Duckling
7. Animals and their sounds : ANIMAL SOUND Dog Barks Cat Mews Cow Moos Pig Grunts Lion Roars Birds Chirps Bee Buzzes Elephant Trumpets Goat Bleats Horse Neighs Animals and their collective names: ANIMAL COLLECTIVE NAME Lion Pride Bee Swarm Ant Colony Birds Flock Cattle Herd Fish School Elephant Herd
8. Question Answers :- 1. Name our (India’s ) National animal - Tiger 2. Name our (India’s ) National bird - Peacock 3. Name the largest land animal - Elephant 4. Name the largest water animal - Whale 5. Who is the ship of desert ? - Camel 6. Who is the king of jungle ? - Lion 7. Which animal live in both land and water ? - Turtle 8 . Name the largest bird - Ostrich 9. Name the smallest bird - Humming bird 10 . Name the tallest animal. - Giraffe Patterns in animals :- Tiger Cheetah Giraff
9. Leopard Zebra Extinct Animals :
10. Pet animals : How to take care of pet animals ? * We should take proper care of them. * We should love them . * We should give enough food , fresh water etc.. * We should not tease them.