You are in for some fun in this lesson as the honey badger is a truly amazing animal! Honey badgers have the well-earned reputation of being fierce, feisty little mammals.
1. Amazing Animals Honey Badger
2. oes ————— Amazing Animals: Honey Badger
You are in for some fun in this lesson as the honey badger is a truly amazing animal! No other animals have such unusual behaviors as the honey badger. He is very strong, quite mean, and a fierce fighter. You do not want to mess with him. Now we will tell you about the honey badger but if you ave squeamish, be warned!
3. Amazing Animals: Honey Badger Here are the topics we wish to share with you:
4. Amazing Animals: Honey Badger
+ Their past, where they originate from, and their traits + Where they like to live, their travels, and their home Ea + What foods they eat, how, and why + What friends (if ang!) they have, and their enemies * Things about the honey badger you'll find interesting
+ Pictures of honey badgers in their natural atl Mea
7. Where the Honey Badger is Found @& The honey badger will be found: + Living in Africa and large aveas of Asia (see map) where she enjoys forests, grasslands, and the desert. The actual number of honey badgers in this region is unknown + Making its home in tree holes or underground * Traveling many miles a day to hunt, sometimes with another honey badger * Sleeping during the day, curled:up in a ball for active and hunting at night. This makes er a-nocturnal animal — ee
9. Food: What, Who!, How, and Why & “Let's eat?? Says our friend. Honey badgers: + Eat most anything or anyone! They are not picky eaters + Attack and eats snakes, the tortoise, lizards, sheep, pigs- and wore. They eat roots and berries too + If attacked, they will fight back and often kill much larger animals. Remember their teeth? They are ferocious and fearless creatures Consume the whole animal- bones too! favorite food is honey. They»will do whatever it ey! And they have a friend to help... more Foes : + f
11. Honey Badger’s Friends and Enemies The honey badger is not nice and does not have a friendly personality! She is: * Tough, fierce, and difficult to kill. This means other animals keep their distance * Quick to anger if you cross her path. She can strike hard and be very vicious + Still, her biggest enemies and those she stays away from ave the lion,.pythons hyena, leopard, and crocodile... but not : 1 See the pictures on the next page :
14. Fun Facts about the Honey Badger & Amazingly: + Her skin is so loose she can move about in it, like you can ina sleeping bag, allowing her to surprise an attacker with a bite of her own + He can dig a hole to hide in only a few minutes + Her tough skin stops bee stings and porcupine quills! Honey badgers can survive a venomous snake bite She is a bad iuecerer and is very. sloppys .. he can release an awful smell _ ” that stuns attackers like bees’ _
15. Foto’s of the Honey Badger nao See him: + Use a shovel to escape capture! + Fight off other animals, even when theve is more than one + Dig up a bees’ nest, and fast! + Shaving her baby honey badger cub with us + Chasing a leopard who has the honey badgers’ young cub Using his swimming skills in a fight .withya
manicure... look at those nails!
18. @ What did you learn? Do you think the honey badger is an amazing animal? | do!
Go ahead and complete the activity worksheet for this.lesson.