What are the various possible kinds of sentences based on purpose and structure? View this presentation to find out.
is/the action the subject
Jnds of Sentences Vv’ ‘According to / pecialaVdB SRS ce EROS, ce - 7 tnakes a statement or } declaration and it ends
with a period (.) * Interrogative Sentence - ks a question and ends \ Vi a ‘question mark (?) Wt V
6. ERY Imperative Sentence - Q |v" commands or requests and ends with a period (.) wy - the subject is usually the \ pronoun "you," which is not said but is understood 4)
expresses strong and sudden | ee Sentence _ - / emotion and it ends with an oor mark () A N / wl
Enrichment Activity: Go to the website given and answer the exercise and do not forget to record your scores. Good
A nmmnncotentennall dG interactive/literacy2.htm#grammai www.harcourtschool.com/activity/clubhouse/index ma Va vl (
8. Click on the correct conjunction that will complete the sentences. * | remembered to bring the robot 7 forgot to bring the batteries.
Atty Click on the correct [: conjunction that will complete the sentences t femembered to bring the robot rgot to bring the batteries.
2 | V Ki
10. ‘or links two alternatives and does not work in this sentence. Try again!
11. ae of Sentences According to ntence IS a sentence
12. * A complex sentence is a sentence with an independent clause and at least one dependent clause subordinating clause). The
though, or because or oun such as who or
13. Enrichment Activity: -Go to the website given and answer the exercise and do not forget to record your scores. Good http://www. bbc.co.uk/schools/ks2bitesize/ http://www. bbc.co.uk/schools/ks2bitesize/
14. “No O@e. is Left-Out” Proceed to
Proceed to Proceed to ation # 4
15. ¢ Answer the following at home: Fill in the blank with the most appropriate subordinating or coordinating conjunction. ve 1) Plants are our only source of Fd oxygen ema |e ue eet PP Pan nM stele com tclcclarlae el ra nel peas food Tea aToa aT Me Ma t-V NVa(—c ee creatures. a ar? y 3) Air is for free thank ee Lit ier