DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM
* This is a hands-on program where students will design and build machines, catapults, pyramids, derby cards, buildings and other constructions out of Lego® bricks. While exploring engineering, architecture and physics, students will develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
* Participants build a new project each class or workshop. Architectural concepts are taught while assembling buildings, bridges and other structures.
* Once the project is completed, children use the rest of their time to expand their gadgets and collaborate with one another.
CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTIONAL CONTENT
* Students will work in a lab-type setting using Lego® bricks with an integrated curriculum based on math and science.
* Instructional content includes concepts of friction, gravity and torque, scale, gears, axles and beams.
* Part of the curriculum will include the construction of a scaled model of their elementary school.
* The material covered each session will vary depending on students’ ages, experience, and skill level.
* All material will be provided.
Project Based Engineering Programs for Children ages 3-13 yrs